Much like the Oklahoma Sooners, the Georgia Bulldogs are ready to wash the stench of 2009 from Uga’s paws. One of the best college football bloggers in the business, Senator Blutarsky of Get The Picture, drops by to fill us in on what’s going down in Athens and the rest of the SEC.
The Senator and I cover:
- ex-Georgia defensive coordinator Willie Martinez, who’ll be coaching the OU defensive backs this season;
- the strange “Richt-on-the-hot-seat” meme;
- the ‘Dawgs’ transition to a 3-4 defensive scheme under new coordinator Todd Grantham;
- Richt’s efforts to get redshirt freshman quarterback Aaron Murray up to speed under center;
- Georgia’s All-Name Team safety Bacarri Rambo;
- SEC scheduling philosophies; and
- the conference’s unbelievable preponderance of talented defensive tackles.