Guru Phil Steele blew the college football world away recently when word leaked that he was ranking the Oklahoma Sooners No. 1 in his preseason magazine. Phil graciously joins Blatant Homerism for a podcast to discuss what led him to put OU on top.
Phil and I also cover:
- Alabama’s chances of repeating;
- the Nebraska Cornhuskers’ defense without Ndamukong Suh;
- how Texas’ transition on offense affects his outlook for the Longhorns;
- Tommy Tuberville’s immediate impact on the Texas Tech Red Raiders;
- two surprise teams in the Big 12: Oklahoma State (bad), Colorado (good).